Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's been a while!

Half a year has passed since I made a first post, and a lot of things happened in Chiquita's and my life since then. There was not much to write though about the actual moving meanwhile, however, by the recent day I have already collected some experience, which will be published shortly.

So, a little update:
1. Was supposed to move to NZ in the end of August, but because of school and work in Finland, decided to postpone the day till the beginning of winter 2013, most prob February. I'm sending my documents to London tomorrow and after the visa is ready I will be able to see BY what day i MUST enter NZ.
2. Got my Silver Fern, Work Visa,  application submitted, yahooo!! See a separate post about my experience with SF and what it was all about.
3. I graduated from my first school, Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics and Finance: 6 years of pure hell are over finally! :)
4. Got two birth marks operated, kind of against my will, got totally freaked out and ready to die from cancer as soon as immediately, but no, alive, young and beautiful - just like always! The only drawback, will have to use very strong sunscreens till the rest of my life, esp. when living in sunnyNZ. No more solariums for me :)
5. Mom was visiting Helsinki in May for almost a month. That was her first time in Finland. She got totally in love with the country and very upset that I'm leaving. Moreover, while being here mom watch short documentary movie about NZ, "Secrets of NZ", where they tell you all the stories about earthquakes and vulcanos - whatever. We had a huge scandal and didn't really come to any conclusion.
6. And just to mention as an interesting fact :D, I've made two tattoos, one big on the back and a small one on my hand, upper part. The third one is so coming soon! Don;t tell mama ;)

Generally, life has been good and fun. I have some personal problems at the moment which make me very demotivated every now and then, however, on the other hand, they only make my decision to leave stronger.

One thing that was bothering me recently a lot, was that after moving to NZ I won't be able to visit Saint-Petersburg any time I want like I do now. Knowing that this wonderful place is MY City (did you you know its second name is Leningrad?), it fits me perfectly, my soul is in peace when I'm there, strangely didn't help me to decide to stay there for ever.
I don't know why, i love it like no other place, but something simply doesn't work between us. Cities are just like people, you know.

No more sad stories for today,
Cheers from summer rainy Helsinki,
Lena

23.7.2012 Helsinki, Finland

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am so thrilled I found your blog, I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and all round interesting website. Please do keep up the great work. I cannot be without visiting your blog again and again. indian visa

    ReplyDelete