Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pictures!

Now when my wifi finally works, I can make Alina's dream come true and put a few pictures that were collected since I came to Auckland (almost 20 days ago!)
Unfortunately, my phone got broken last week and, thus, a couple of good moments shall be prevented from uploading, no well..

All my writing energy is dedicated to a resume at the moment, so don't you expect long meaningful description notes :D

p.s. dont get why editing is so poor - blogger simply hates me, i check later.

Here we go and start from around China.

Sadly indeed they didn't have a good choice of movies on board and I ended up watching "Im a legend" a few times. However, on the flight from Italy to China there was a live cam option and you could see what was happening under the plane (not much)


































Half way map: Milan-Hong Kong - this is crazy


























In Hong Kong facebook would not recognize my location as safe and I had to pass a test, to recognize my fb friends on random pictures. Not possible to mix Jessica with anybody else in her zombie looks))


For those who were always wondering, just like me, how Chinese keyboard looks like!


Too bad i couldnt leave the airport, mountains looked splended!


Botanic garden in Auckland. Same as in Kumpula but 500 times bigger :)


Went to check my future house and the neighborhood for the first time - around Mt Eden


The hill on the back is the actual volcano, and yep, I live in 66. 


The French cafe on the near by street and I love ugly store (love the name), Turkish kebab and an Italian restaurants. I guess I miss Erasmus :)


Muriwai beach with black volcanic sand. Saw Pacific ocean for the first time, yahooo))




I really liked the story on the rock, and you should be hopefully able to read it from the picture. Anyways, the last sentence was: Come with us as we begin to untravel some of its secrets and experience a taste of living on the edge of the wind. This is my pick up line for you, friends from Europe :)


There lives a colony of birds on Muriwai, forgot their name :)



Cruise ship from USA on a windy rainy day in the city center


Chinese market. You divide prices by 1.5 to get euros. Best blueberries, cherries and corn i have ever tried :) so yam-mi!



Orewa beach, swam in the ocean for the first time, whoop whoop


Books in the local library, you know


Surprisingly, Im having tremendous problems here finding a good natural juice. Everything just has too much sugar! And this is what they have in a juice section: egg white!!


































They call local rounding system ( 3 cents would be rounded to 5, 1 to 0) - Swedish :)
Self-pay counters never work for me, have to call a shop assistant at least a million of times always.


































Couldn't help admiring beautiful send sculptures at Muriwai until Borya suggested they are bird graves


























Chinese comrades at the Crazy noodle restaurant


























Look, who is there! Yuki the great on her release day :)


























I put this house on my to buy list))


























Have no idea how it works. but what ever it does - creepy fountain


































Olympic house in Parnell


























What I really like about NZ that they have local farms where you can buy cheese, honey and fruits. And wine, of course :)


































They have tastings at farms as well. Cheese was delicious!


























We went to try and buy honey that day as well. I was astonished by tastes and forgot to make pictures))


























Met Roger when we lost the way..



























I love local landscape: small hills and winery in the far corner



















































The actual winery. Im about to start liking local red wine.












































































There is a tradition to name public benches and tables after a person or a couple


























Gay pride parade took place in Auckland first time after 12 years. Ive been in a hurry, unfortunately, and we havent seen much


 Olya at the parade



























Alina, stolovka style was found in Auckland :)) those pullas tasted exactly like in the childhood!

Im having a hard time doing maths with my 5 yo friend

 Thats her, Amorita the best))
 Just to prove that im alive and should be on the pictures not ;)


























Who'd guess it was even more tiring to upload pictures than to write a blog!

Have a good day Europe,
Cheers,

Elena

19.2.2013 Auckland, Mt Eden




7 comments:

  1. Yay Lena! You're alive! Lol. I just remember to check your blog if you're good and you are great. :) I enjoyed looking at the pictures. At the moment I am reviewing for my IELTS exam. But there are times I feel low if I will make it to the cut on April which is I think will be mostly be based on pure luck. Might have to upgrade to the most super speed internet connection in the whole world. :)

    Cheers!
    Bien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bien! Haha, thank you, I'm doing great indeed :) just came from movies, we went to see Anna Karenina (it started here just recently), such a good one!
      How's your preparation for ielts going? I did mine not a long ago, let me know if you need any advice. I remember, by the way, that in certain sections they give you time to copy from draft to the final paper, and in some they don't. There was a guy at my test who forgot about it and lost like half points :(

      Yeah, April is pure luck! It will be around 10 pm in Austria, right? I'd recommend opening a few browsers and making sure beforehand that your card works - those are most critical. Basically, it doesnt depend on the internet speed so much, just keep on pressing and pressing the button. Have you filled in your application already?

      NZ is awesome and waiting for you to come ;)

      Have a great day,

      Lena

      Delete
  2. Hello again Lena,

    I've been reading discussions about IELTS and its technicalities. One tip I got from your blog is to take the exam after I make it to the quota since you will be provided 3 months for the requirements right? NZ time is ahead of 5 hours from my location, Philippines. :) I have filled in the application and just waiting for the day when the next button is available. *crossing fingers!*

    I will let you know as soon as I passed it, haha.

    PS, happy that you and Yuki are now together.

    Cheers!
    Bien


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Oh sorry, I somehow misthought you were from Austria, my bad!

      Yeah, you can do ielts after the place is technically yours, just make sure beforehand that there are free dates for the test, so you receive your results within those 3 months.

      Thank you :) Yuki is my friend's dog. Chiquita is still in Finland, I expect her to come in one month. Can't wait.

      Fingers crossed indeed, I believe you'll be a success in April :)

      Best,
      Lena

      Delete
  3. Dearest Lena,

    I need an advise, there is one thing that confuses me. Should I have my educational qualification evaluated by NZQA already before I apply for a Silver Fern Visa or I wait first if I will be finally required by NZ. My University is not qualified in the exemption, so in the Silver Fern application I chose - Tertiary Qualification and with that it meant your profession is included in the List of Skilled Occupations which is a check as well as I have gained it in a comparable labor market which my country is included.

    Thanking you in advance. :)

    P.S. I enjoyed your hiking pictures, looks really fun!

    Bien xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I didn't completely understand if you have a degree or a tertiary qualification but, anyways, nzqa takes more than a month. If you have a chance, I'd recommend to apply for assessment as soon as possible.

      Lena

      Delete
  4. Hello Lena,

    A bachelor's degree. Yes, I think better to have the NZQA to remove all doubts. :)

    Cheers!
    Bien

    ReplyDelete