Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Look who is back

Sad as it is I gave up on my blog in the end of April even though there was a descent interest from public world wide.
Actually I'm surprised people have been still checking it all that time!

This half a year has brought a lot of changes. I guess a day counts for two when you are settling down in a new country. Bless the immigrants! :)

To sum it up in short, I got a job and had my Silver Fern visa renewed (and there's a good story behind to tell), , we moved houses, I got a second dog, lovely Malina (she's such a beauty and a stereotypical blondie), mom is coming to visit in February, my bestie Alina is on the way to NZ to do an exchange here, and the last and the most important, Chiquita has arrived to Auckland in September!!

Now what i'm going to do over upcoming days is to review my old posts and see if I need to add anything there and well, I'll just tidy up a bit. And for the long run, I'm hoping to keep the blog and cover my story of "one immigrant and a dog (well, two dogs already so far)"

Meanwhile, guys, if there's anybody reading the thing; if you got your Silver Fern and plan to head to NZ soon, or you are thinking of applying for Silver Fern next year, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'm very keen to hear from you, and we can even organize a get together in NZ one day soon!
You can either drop me a comment to this post or even connect on fb (please, write me a message you are from blogger): https://www.facebook.com/lena.smirnov

Lena is back in town! :P


and Malina herself



Talk to you soon,

Elena

9 comments:

  1. just browsing on the cyberspace in search for success stories of silver fern applicants and came across your website, nice to read your journey story in settling down in this beautiful country. I was sort of the first generation of silver fern applicant, I got it in 2010, and now I've called nz home :) because I've been a permanent resident. Just curious, how long did you spend finding a job in nz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nandos! Thank you for your comment :) Good to hear one of us settled down in NZ and even calls it home, way to go.
      Speaking about me, I spent about half a year searching for a job. I was not very active first months because I wanted to take a rest and finally enjoy the sun (haven't seen it in Finland for a few years). I was, however, browsing through vacancies and haven't seen anything that would be "my job" for these 6 months. Just to say I was looking for Economics OR Engineering.
      In the end I found two "perfect jobs" and had an offer from both. One was Engineering and another - Economics. I chose the second.

      Delete
  2. Hi Elena, I am also one of few who get through your blog posts last year and I came to NZ in Oct'13 and employed since Nov'13. Good to see you heading back to blog and help followers :) I have tried to give back to the community by writing few posts on silver fern job search visa - http://www.mytechtricks.com/category/immigration-new-zealand/silver-fern-job-search-visa.

    Also I have submitted my residency application and Silver Fern Practical Experience visa application. Keep writing and sharing your experience with other new expats here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Piyush! Isn't it lovely? :) Congratulations on doing well in NZ!
      For some reason I still can't open your blog, hmm. I'll try from home as well. Would be very, VERY, interesting to read about your impressions :)
      I'm going to publish a post about our North island trip soon, it might catch your attention.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Hi Elena,
    That's Great you are in NZ. i read you blog. i want to apply for visa in 2014 now. i need some tips from you..how should i ready before opening. and do i need to give IELTS. i have my B.TECH completed in English through out the course.

    Regards,
    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rakesh,

      My post about Silver Fern should help you! Also strongly recommend to check comments. Guys were giving really good pieces of advice there!
      Basically you need to fill in and save all info before the big day.
      You can do IELTS a bit later after April, but make sure you have enough time!

      Delete
  4. Hi Elena,
    That's Great you are in NZ. i read you blog. i want to apply for visa in 2014 now. i need some tips from you..how should i ready before opening. and do i need to give IELTS. i have my B.TECH completed in English through out the course.

    Regards,
    Rakesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silver fern 2013 here. :) you're blog really is helpful. small world but i think i saw you in pak n save lincon road yesterday evening. :) just not sure so was ashamed to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you would like an alternative to casually approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to say...

    If you'd prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to uncover a weird little secret that has the power to get you your very own harem of attractive women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM!!!

    ReplyDelete