Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fall

It was not until this Sunday when I realized as spring came to Europe, autumn arrived to NZ.
Still warm most time during a day, it starts to be a bit chilly at evenings and weather generally becomes less and less predictable. Weather is a feminine word, you know. Weather in Auckland is a typical woman at her worst :)
Nevertheless, we went hiking on the weekend, did one out of the 9 great kiwi hiking tracks, and i almost got my hands frostbitten up there in the mountains. I will put pictures from the trip later in the blog.

Haha, btw, on the way to the track we came across a car accident: drunk local guy lost control and hit something on the road. No worries, everybody was alive and no major damage occured, just really funny how it all looked from a side view. In the places like rural NZ nothing exciting happens probably for ages ,and people who live there are unspoiled unique characters. A guy, who stopped our car and asked for help, looked just so weird, David Lynch would die to cast him in a new movie. The "accident guy" very likely just destroyed a liquor store before the thing happened to him, however, when he saw us, he immediately opened another bottle of beer and said, "Look guys, I start drinking right now". Yeah, sure.
 
Generally, my own life in a capital city of NZ is not dramatically different from what mentioned above, not that i'm keen on drunk driving, just taking it very easy and enjoying everything and anything actually happening around. If you are looking for a City life, NZ might disappoint you a bit.

Anyways, got a few pictures collected over the past time. Enjoy!

Creepy little things on a balcony/roof near to Symonds street.



Random music festival on the Tapakuna beach. It was live music and DJ's playing .Boris got impressed by girls' hair doS - European style ;)

Hand prints of famous actors in a movie theater. We went to see a local fiction movie about Maori "Mt Zion". English with Maori accent was somehow understandable, plot could be more complicated, but I sooooo loved the music. Just like in the "Soul Kitchen".


Went to feed birds in a park next to the city zoo. I personally didn't like black swans so much, too arrogant and aggressive, yet beautiful, can't deny. My favourite bird is the cute one on the left, a small shy bird with big feet. Name - unknown.



Mad-cat-lady aka Boris. And those birds ate 6 pack breads, can you imagine.




Easter shop-window decorations: No bunny loves you like Jesus!



You can collect mussels yourself on the beach or buy them cheap. Good both boiled or baked. I had too much, never again, brrr.


Met my love in a window glass, haha


As fall came I started to sun bath in a local park next to Mt Eden. This girl joined me on a third day. In the beginning you feel awkward to be there half naked with joggers passing by, but laziness takes over in the end - too far a way to the nearest nude beach.


And our friend, an old Asian guy, taking a rest watching us.

"I love my wife" logo on a van parked in the neighborhood, didn't know I'm still cheap for these things.


A peace of art in the yard around. Reminds me of one restaurant/cafe in Finland. If you are in Helsinki, go and check Villa Angelica in Seurasaari, the most weird and creepy place over there, yet delicious cakes! One of the best places in the city, Alina would tell you.


Speaking about Alina, she just got papers from her Uni in Norway that in March 2014 she will go on an exchange to the University of Otago on a Southern island in NZ. Probably best news of this month. I'm soooo making my plans already - one year.


Have a good time,

Eleeeeena

6 comments:

  1. Hi Elena!
    Cute black bird with a white bill is australian coot. It’s extremely aggressive when defending her chicks, but charming i agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the name! Charming is also a word I was looking for to describe the bird ;)

      Delete
  2. Hello Elena,

    Ravi here. I got Silver fern visa in 2012 and arrived here on 17th April 2013.

    I am Nurse and my application is in the process of getting registration with Nursing Council of NZ. I have 7 bands in each module of IELTS and my qualification is accredited level 7 by NZQA.

    Could you please tell me what are the conditions to increase my visa up to two years like how many hours should I have from my employer?
    like 32 hours per week or more??

    If possible then please email me on : ravneet329@gmail.com

    Thank you

    I really appreciate your time and consideration Elena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ravneet,

      They require full-time, 40 hours a week :(
      Did you manage to get a job in the end?

      Delete
  3. Hey Elena,

    Where you vanished. I hope..everything is fine at your end..no more new posts...so was curious..so thought better to asking you :)

    Anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anu,

      Thank you for asking :) I got caught up by a busy life of an immigrant. And it's a shame really. I'm surprised there was such an interest in the blog and I'M BACK :)

      Delete