Sunday, March 24, 2013

School Fair on Sunday and the creepy book

Check out my most recent catch. I doubt very much if i ever have a chance to wear it out, but looks good in my room, anyways.


Today in the morning there was a Sunday fair at my flatmate daughter's school. My flatmate Jen, her kid Amorita, nanny, Amorita's two friends from kindergarten and me went there in the morning.
The night before Jen was going to make a cake which was a task for all parents. Too bad I was away and couldn't help her out. Instead Jen bought a cake from a local supermarket and decorated it :D cheaaaaaaating!
Amorita explained to her friends in the morning why we didn't bring a home made cake as "my mom always fails". We so gonna prove her wrong one day.

The room at school was full of cakes and people, too bad I couldn't make any good pictures, some cakes looked really nice.

I appreciated the close location of two signs below: Cakes and First Aid.


 We got rid of our cake really fast and went to wonder around.
As soon as we saw kids carting I knew it was going to be a horrible idea. However, kids couldn't go alone and I was forced to drive with Zhaklin. Unfortunately, I still remember too well our carting experience with friends in Helsinki when I was removed from the field for almost destroying the building. Well, same thing happened today. The guy in the red t-shirt had to save us from a crush every other second.
I guess it's a sign somebody should never-EVER be allowed to get a driving license.


Apart from humiliating yourself in front of a crowd you could also buy lots of useless stuff like toys, clothes, food, etc




There was also a lottery to win various alcohol. Don't ask me why it even happens at the school fair. Whatever, a woman in front of us won 3 bottles. Guess how many we took with Jen from two drawings each? Noooooone. As if the cake and the carting were not enough to feel bad for today ;)


And all the other fun stuff we did.


Including the local "beauty salon", not much worse than what i experienced in town, by the way. The beauty industry is just desperately awful here.



And finally, completely out of the topic, see the book we found on a bench on Symonds street this Thursday.
Creepy as it is, had no doubt we have to check it out. Well, this and that, simply being busy with boring issues, didn't have a chance to look for the place until today. It says on the book: Help! Save me from 289 Dominion Road.



Even creeper it turned out to be this: Auckland Medical Aid Center


The center was obviously closed on the weekend.
I'm still curious why somebody left the book and for whom. The place is open 8.30 am - 5 pm on Monday in case anybody wants to back me up ;)

Well, all for now, and seems like I'm coming with a post why I desperately miss Finland very soon :)
Nobody can replace my dear Finnish ones.

See ya,

Lena

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should ask a policeman to take a look at the book. It is not usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we never checked in the end, which is sad. I didn't feel right to go to police, for some reason we didn't take it serious.. hopefully it was just a joke and an idea for a story may be?

      Delete